Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tan Face & Skinny Waist



Summer is just around the weekend for me (literally my last exam is on Monday!) and with that time comes what is most likely Personal Trainer's second most popular time of the year, where everyone wants to get their bikini body on. What you are looking at above is my motivation for the end of the summer. Unlikely? But worth a shot. Not being able to quite splurge on the personal trainer and as a person who is constantly lacking in motivation for diets meet my new craze: MyDietDiary 





It's an app that you can download at the app store, and is completely free without having to make an account, etc. You key in your age, height, weight, date and then how much you want to weigh and by when. It then basically gives you a calorie limit of how much you are "allowed" to consume a day. I also love that fact that you can basically "scan" barcodes of your food and it will automatically pull up the dietary information from the package. Be warned though, living in Hong Kong, I have found foods that don't yet exist and still have to key in myself.




However it also lets you keep in how much exercise you do a day. The more exercise the more food allowance you get. (Total motivation for me.) And the list of options that it gives you to describe what you've done is unlike anything I've seen. Calorie counting can be strenuous but with this I almost want to call it fun! :) 


And finally, it keeps track of your progress food to exercise balance, so that you can refer to your progress throughout. I would just remember one thing. It's an automated computer program meaning that if you told it you wanted to lose 10 kilos in a week it would put you on an anorexic like diet so be realistic with the system. 


So my goal is to lose 5 kilos by the beginning of August! I'll let you guys know how it goes! Anyone have a different strategy they use for their perfect summer bod? Or an app that it their life right now? Lemme know!  

Have a lovely weekend chicas, 
xx Em

~ Photos from the App Store ~



No comments:

Post a Comment